- Quality In Television From The Perspective of the Professional Program Maker, in Quality Assessment of Television, pp 101-144 , edited by Sakae Ishikawa, John Libbey Press, 1996
- Quality In Television From The Perspective of the Professional Program Maker: A Canadian View and Suggested Evaluation Criteria. Studies In Broadcasting #30, March 1994, pp 49-86
- Quality In Television From The Perspective of the Professional Program Maker. Studies In Broadcasting #28, March 1992, pp 7-76.
- Quality from the Perspective of Program and Production Factors. Studies in Broadcasting, No. 27, March 1991 pp 134-147
Department of Telecommunication, Information Studies, and Media
(Executive Producer, unless otherwise noted)
2009 Arabs, Jews, and the News Documentary about the 2006 Israeli-Hezbollah war and the parallel non-violent conflict between the Arab and Jewish communities in the Greater Detroit Area. Director and Story Editor, with Geri Zeldes and team of 20 students. Screened at the Broadcast Education Association Conference in April 2009, and Arab American History Conference, Dearborn, November 1, 2008. Broadcast on multiple dates in November on WKAR-TV, scheduled for broadcast on Michigan Public TV Stations, and for national uplink in 2010.
2008 Undergraduate Research Videos and Website: created for the provosts office by CAS Media. Executive Producer with Amol Pavangadkar.
2008 Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (BMB project): videos and website for Molecular Biology. Executive Producer with Amol Pavangadkar.
2007-2008 Backstage Pass: MSU Professors of Jazz with WKAR tv—studio based music programs with documentary elements. Co-producer and documentary editor. WKAR personnel with team of 9 students.
2004-2005 That's What Swingin' Is, a DVD of a Wynton Marsalis master class. (Producer,Director, co-Editor) with Amol Pavangadkar
2003-2004 Inside Jazz: Everybody's Welcome documentary about passing on the jazz tradition, featuring Wynton Marsalis and the MSU Professors of Jazz (Producer, Director, co-Editor) with Holly Giesman Broadcast on Michigan Public Television Stations, uplinked nationally in August 2006, broadcast in most major markets.
- 2001 Exotic Aquatics documentary about non-indigenous species in the Great Lakes, broadcast on Michigan Public Television Stations, (Director)
- 2000 A Gift of Hope, The Story of Tony Melendez, documentary portrait of armless singer guitarist, (Producer/Editor)
- 1988 Where Music Lives music documentary about Indiana University School of Music (Writer/Producer/Director)
- 1988 Holt Public Schools Promo Video
- 1987 Agent Orange PSA
- 1987 Promo Video for School of Packaging
- 1987 We Share the Same Sky promo for exchange program with the Shiga Prefecture of Japan
- 1986 Among Friends: The Juilliard String Quartet At MSU Prize winning documentary bought by CBC television and shown in all major markets and around the world. (Producer/Director/Writer)
- 1986 MSU Symphony Plays Saint-Saens and Handel (co Director/Producer)
- 1986 MSU Symphony Christmas Program (co Director/Producer)
- 1985 Recycling PSA for DNR
- 1985 3 Programs about Pruning for Agricultural Extension
- 1985 Josef Gingold: A Musical Life Prize winning Documentary about greatest living violin teacher. Shown and sold around the world. (Producer/Director/Writer)
- 1985 This Is Wharton Center
- 1985 Mission Possible: The Quest for Excellence for the Howell Public Schools
- 1983 Everyman's Spaceship: The Life and Times of the Model T (Director/Writer)
- 1983 Miriam Fried: A Profile Prize winning documentary about Israeli born violinist, wife, and mother. (Producer/Director/Writer)
WKAR-TV (Executive Producer, unless otherwise noted)
- 1987-1998 Off The Record--52 half hour discussion programs per year about governmental affairs. Statewide broadcast.
- 1989-1998 QuizBusters--52 half hour high school quiz show programs per year.
- 1989-1998 Michigan At Risk--5 to 9 half hour documentaries per year about issues of importance to Michigan. Statewide broadcast.
- 1989-1998 Michigan At Risk: Call In Followup--5 to 9 half hour call in shows per year providing a local view of the issues raised in Michigan At Risk. Statewide program.
- 1990-1998 StreetWatch Lansing--12 mini-documentaries per year followed by panel discussion/call in programs. Series deals with urban issues as identified by a panel of urban grass roots leaders.
- 1994-Gil Shaham: Violin--3 national telecasts on PBS
- 1993-Marcus Roberts: Among Giants--3 national telecasts on PBS
- 1994-The Chenille Sisters, Makin Rhythm--3 national telecasts on PBS
- 1992-1997 Your Voice Counts--5-7 live town hall meetings per year co-sponsored by the Lansing State Journal. The programs have looked at the 1992 presidential election, state political gridlock, property tax reform measure (town hall meeting with Gov. Engler) and youth in crisis.
- 1987-1997 State of the University--coverage each year of president's address and the awards ceremony which follows.
- 1987-1996 State of the State Address--live statewide coverage each year of the governor's address.
- 1987-1996 State of the State Democratic Response- coverage of the Democratic response to governor Engler's remarks.
- 1987-1994 MSU Football Replay--replays of 10 or 11 of the the Spartan football games.
- 1990 and 1993 MSU Basketball--four of the Big Ten games
- 1992 Governor's Tax Message--Discussion program about governor's tax program. Statewide
- 1992 The Future of Health Care: The Role of The States--with the College of Osteopathic Medicine
- 1991 Richard Stoltzman and New York Counterpoint- This co-production with WKAR-TV was the TC department's first nationally broadcast program on June 24, 1992. The program also aired nationally in January 1993, and will have a third national telecast in August, 1993. Students played a major role in this program. This program also appeared on Pacific Mountain Television in August 1992.
- 1991 Gubernatorial Debates--2 statewide broadcasts of one hour debates between candidates Jim Blanchard and John Engler.
- 1990 U.S. Senate Debate--statewide broadcast of the Carl Levin and Bill Schuette one hour debate.
- 1987-1996 If I Am Elected--a series of 6 half hour programs each year profiling candidates for various local and statewide offices in the November elections.
- 1991-1993 The Verdehr Trio: The Making of a Medium--2 of four projected programs featuring the Verdehr Trio in works especially commissioned for them from significant composers.1991
- Jean Yves Thibaudet In Concert--pianist Thibaudet in 3 programs performs the music of Debussy, Rachmaniniff, and others. Accepted for international distribution by PSG Inc.
- 1991 The Quality of Life: A Lansing State Journal/WKAR-TV Town Meeting--live town meeting from our studios examining the pluses and minuses of life in the Lansing area.
- 1991 All Together Now: What Kids Want Adults To Know--a panel of 10 local junior high and high school students in a live phone in/town meeting talk about what they think are the youth issues we need to address.
- 1991 All Together Now: Fulfilling the Promise of ourYouth--Lansing area officials, parents, and educators respond to the youth concerns expressed in the above town meeting.
- 1988-1990 Michigan Skyline: monthly magazine format program featuring people and places in the Mid-Michigan area.
- 1989 Michigan Festival Documentary
- 1989 Passing It On: documentary about the MSU violin festival
- 1989 Straight Talk On Aids: response to the growing epidemic of AIDS cases in the Lansing area.
- 1989 Our Schools, Who Pays: 3 station link up about school finance reform.
- 1989 Gary Carr, Bassist in recital-3 programs
- 1989 Paul Neubauer in recital-3 programs
- 1989 MSU Symphony In Concert -2 programs
- 1989 2 programs each with MSU music faculty Owen Carman, Frank Ell, Barry Shapiro, and Ralph Votapek
- 1989 3 programs each with Patti Richards (jazz singer) and Joel Mabus (folk singer)