Office Hours: MW 4:40-5:10p, Tu 2:20-3:20p
- JPN 401 "Fourth-Year JPN I," TuTh 12:40-2:00p (B100
431. "Advanced Spoken JPN," MW 3:00-4:20p (M A208 WH; W A303 WH)
- JPN 101.005,006. "First-Year JPN,"
- JPN 350. "Studies in JPN," SS14
Short Stories," SS13
451. "Advanced JPN for JLPT Prep," FS13
- LIN 491,002. "JPN Linguistics," SS14
I am a professor of Japanese and linguistics, and
Program in the Dept.
Linguistics and Languages
My research interests are in
linguistics, especially pragmatics, discourse, and functional
grammar, and language pedagogy (abbreviated
vita). I enjoy
courses in all
levels of Japanese language, teaching methods, and linguistics. In
summer I often teach in the Master's Program in Japanese Language Pedagogy at
in 2015, "Intermediate/ Advanced Japanese Teaching Methods" in 2013).
2004, I was awarded Japanese
Foreign Minister's Certificate of
(Gaimu Daijin Hyoushou). I am married to Grover
Hudson, also a
Japanese Garden at MSU
Photo by Tim Potter, copyright MSU Alumni Association
M. Endo Hudson, Ph. D.
Michigan State University, Dept. of Linguistics and Languages
A-633 Wells Hall, East Lansing, MI 48824, U.S.A.
Phone: 517-432-7164 ; Fax: 517-432-2736
Last modified: 08/16/14