OST 590: Clinical and Cultural Experiences in Russia (3 credits)
The Cultural and Hospital Observation course in Russia provides medical and nursing students the opportunity for hospital shadowing in infectious diseases, OB/GY, cardiology and general surgery. Daily didactic lectures on HIV/AIDS, TB, respiratory infections, diarrheal diseases, and nutritional anemia offer students additional learning.
It is the discretion of the Course Director to determine which students may participate. An interview may be required.
For more information, please contact Professor Reza Nassiri of IIH.
- First, second, or third year medical curriculum (COM/CHM/CON) student at Michigan State University.
- Good academic standing required.
- Students cannot have a failed course on their record at time of departure.
- How to Apply
- Please submit IIH's application form to our main office at B-319 West Fee Hall.
- Students must also apply through Michigan State's Office of Study Abroad, click here to apply online.
The Office of Study Abroad offers scholarships to students who participate in MSU's study abroad programs. Details here.