Alexandra "Sasha" Kravchenko
Dept. of Plant, Soil, and Microbial Sciences
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824-1325
- My research interests include micro- to macro-scale biogeochemical processes involved in soil carbon and nitrogen cycling. Current research focus is on understanding the role of soil pores in micro-scale processes driving soil carbon sequestration and greenhouse gas emissions; and the role of the interactions between land use and management, soil properties and topography for spatial variability of soil carbon sequestration and greenhouse gas emissions across agricultural fields and landscapes
- Among teaching responsibilities are undergraduate/graduate courses in statistics and experimental design.
- Together with Dr. Rob Tempelman (https://msu.edu/~tempelma), Department of Animal Sciences I coordinate the work of Statistical Consulting Center (https://scc.anr.msu.edu/).
- Current/past services to scientific community include Editorial Board services for Agronomy J., Soil Sci. Society of America J., Geoderma, Scientific Reports; reviewing for, among other, J. Environmental Quality, Soil Sci., Geoderma, Soil Sci. Society of America J., Agronomy J., PLoSOne, PNAS, ISME.
- Professional awards include: American Society of Agronomy Distinguished Service Award as a member of ASA Division Alignment Transition Team, 2011; Fellow, American Society of Agronomy, 2013; Fellow, Soil Science Society of America, 2014.
Dept. Plant, Soil & Microbial Sci
Statistical consulting center