Michigan State University, East Lansing - September 16-18, 2016
We are pleased to announce the 21st meeting of the Mid-Continental Phonetics & Phonology Conference (MidPhon 21), to be held September 16-18, 2016 at Michigan State University, East Lansing. As with previous MidPhon meetings, this is intended to be an informal gathering of researchers working in all areas of phonology and phonetics broadly defined. Faculty, students, and researchers are welcome to present.
We invite submission of abstracts for 20-minute talks and posters on all topics in theoretical, descriptive, and experimental phonology and phonetics. Students are especially encouraged to submit abstracts, but should consult with their relevant professors before doing so.
- All abstracts for presentation must be submitted by 11:59 PM on Friday,
July 1st July 15th, 2016 .
- Abstracts should be no more than 1 page in 12 pt. font with normal margins.
- At the top of the abstract, please put:
All abstracts must be submitted electronically to email@example.com with the subject ‘MidPhon abstract’. Submissions should be in .pdf; please ensure that all phonetic fonts are embedded.
You may use a second page if necessary to indicate:
- title of the paper
- author name(s) and affiliation(s)
- author e-mail address(es)
Notification of acceptances will be issued by late-July.
- Poster/oral presentation preferences (which is your top choice? Are you willing to do either?)
- Any restrictions you may have on the schedule of your talk/poster. The conference will run from Friday afternoon Sept. 16 through Sunday morning Sept. 18.
- Details about accommodations, travel information, and registration deadlines, etc. are available at https://www.msu.edu/~lingorg/midphon21/. Furthermore, we will organize crash space for students upon request.
- Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘MidPhon questions’.
- To stay informed of the latest MidPhon 21 news, please join the McWoppers mailing list by visiting: https://lists.osu.edu/mailman/listinfo/mcwoppers.
The Department of Linguistics and Languages, and the Phonology-Phonetics Group at MSU are very excited to be hosting MidPhon this year, and hope you will all join us!