About the MSU Men's Glee Club
The MSU Men’s Glee Club, once called the Singing Statesman, represents one of the oldest organizations on the campus of Michigan State University. Originally established in 1880, the chorus functioned primarily as a social club where the men could sing together. In the early 1900s, the Glee Club became more oriented toward musical performance than social activity. Sometime thereafter, the Glee Club was absorbed by the Department of Music which enabled the ensemble to be directed by a faculty member. Since that time the Glee Club has grown in stature and has enjoyed a considerable reputation as a touring choral ensemble.