Service-Learning Writing Project
Agreement and Proposal
27 Student Services
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824
Karen McKnight Casey
Phone: 517.353.4400 ext. 198
Date of Agreement
February 11, 2009
II. PROJECT PROPOSAL
1. Specific subject/topic/title for project:
The history of YouVote.msu.edu and then some.
2. Specific audience for project:
The City of East Lansing and MSU students.
3. How will the document be used by the agency:
About Us section of YouVote on the website.
4. Goals for project:
Educate the audience of YouVote; to make sure that everyone understands the importance of voting and how to register to vote, especially for MSU students.
5. Estimated length of writing project:
Our YouVote video is to be around 1 minute and 30 seconds.
6. Comprehensive outline of project:
We will create a short video of as many common faces as we know with them saying "YouVote".
7. How will the writers get most of the information they need:
We will get most of the information online using YouVote and Youtube.
8. Project format for agency - remembering a version will be included in your SLWP webfolio (typed hard copy? CD/DVD? brochure? newsletter? only online? other?):
Video with as many famous faces we can get.
III. PROJECT TIME REQUIREMENTS
1. Estimated time needed for research:
About 10 weeks
2. Schedule for study group meetings with classmates engaged in the same project :
April 23, 2009
3. Schedule for conferences with agency contact person:
No conferences were scheduled with Karen.
IV. PROJECT DEADLINES
For Progress Updates
February 25, 2009
March 4, 2009
For Audience Assessment
First Draft: February 16, 2009
Final Draft: April 24, 2009
For Rough Draft/s to be Reviewed by Contact Person
April 22, 2009
For Review at the Writing Center
Will be scheduled at a later time if needed.
For Final Copy
April 27, 2009
last modified 12.02