At Michigan State, Charles Steinfield has taught the following courses in the areas of telecommunications technologies, impacts of information technology, electronic commerce and telecommunications in Europe:
- TC 201: Introduction to Telecommunication Technologies.
- TC 361: ICT Management
- TC 472: Electronic Commerce.
- TC 861: Information Networks and Technologies.
- TC 862: Information Networks and Electronic Commerce.
- TC 891: Group Collaboration Systems. This was an experimental course, offered during the spring 2002 semester.
- TC 960: Media and Technology. This is a doctoral course that is a part of the Media and Information Studies PhD program. The Web site is not available.
- Telecommunications in Europe Overseas Study Program. This summer course was offered each July from 1990 to 2005, and again from 2007-2012. It is now known as the New Media Design in Europe Program.
- Peer-to-Peer Filesharing. This was a one-credit special topics course offered during the spring of 2004.